Friday, October 26, 2012

The Chronicles of Mitt: Oct 25, 2012

pen on paper: 'Dear diary'   Hello, human diary. It is I again, Mitt Romney, your better.

The campaign drags on. Today I visited an aircraft hanger, and also my aircraft. That is all I have to report. From the news footage, it appears that my opponent voted today. My staff believes he voted for himself.

I have not yet decided who I will vote for. Throughout the primary campaign I have assumed that, when the time came, I would vote for myself; now that we are at the general election I am not so sure. It feels an unnervingly definite position to take. What if potential voters object? What if my opponent uses my pro-self policy against me? If nothing else, voting for myself seems to be the sort of thing that could be used against me in future elections.

This is a difficult decision. I asked my staff to prepare policy options on the subject. While they said they would comply, Eric F. seemed very agitated by the prospect, and put both hands to his face while we were discussing it. When I asked him later about his reaction he said he was just thinking about something else.


No comments:

Post a Comment