Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mitt Romney's Bain defense: I am free enterprise

Mitt Romney wearing a Photoshopped name tag reading Hello I am Free Enterprise President Obama yesterday:
If your main argument for how to grow the economy is "I knew how to make a lot of money for investors," then you're missing what this job is about. It doesn't mean you weren't good at private equity. But that's not what my job is as president.
The first line in Mitt Romney's response:
President Obama confirmed today that he will continue his attacks on the free enterprise system, which Mayor Booker and other leading Democrats have spoken out against.
I'm sure that makes Republicans quite horny indeed, but I hate to break the news to them: corporations aren't people, and Mitt Romney isn't the free enterprise system. And the fact that he doesn't want to defend his controversial record as CEO of Bain Capital on its own merits tells you everything you need to know about whether he thinks it's a problem or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment