Monday, July 23, 2012

Romney approves of Obama's response to Colorado shooting

Barack Obama meets with victims of the Colorado theater shooting (Official White House Photo/Pete Souza) Well, at least there's something the two parties can agree on:
'I will note that my remarks here today will not be as partisan as normal and instead I am going to talk about my vision for the country, in part keeping with the seriousness and the thoughts of the day,' Romney told about 250 supporters at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco. [...]

'I know the president will be there before he'll be here in San Francisco visiting with families and the victims, which is the right thing for the president to be doing on this day,' he said. 'I appreciate that.'

Obama spent time on Sunday meeting with the victims' families.

Personally, I would prefer that Romney talk about his vision for the country every day, rather than being as "partisan as normal." Barring that, a weekend of toned-down rhetoric will have to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment