Saturday, July 7, 2012

Are the Romneys considering Condi Rice for VP?

Bush and Condi 2006 Bush and Rice, miserable failures. Photo by Eric Draper

Kaili Joy Gray noted yesterday that W. "Mitt" Romney's "chief lady adviser" Ann Romney said that "at least one woman is under consideration" as Mitt Romney's running mate. Today, Bill Kristol spills the beans as to who that "one woman" might be:

[T]he woman Ann Romney likely has in mind is Condoleezza Rice, the former secretary of state

Really? I mean, REALLY?? This Condi Rice?


[RICHARD] BEN-VENISTE. Isn't it a fact, Dr. Rice, that the Aug. 6 P.D.B. warned against possible attacks in this country? And I ask you whether you recall the title of that P.D.B.

RICE. I believe the title was Bin Laden Determined To Attack Inside the United States. [...]

BEN-VENISTE. Thank you. [...]

RICE. I would like to finish my point here. [... Y]ou asked me whether or not it warned of attacks. [...]  It did not warn of attacks inside the United States. [...] [I]t did not, in fact, warn of any coming attacks inside the United States. [Emphasis supplied.]

Kristol says, "Rice offers an unusual combination of being at once a reassuring pick (she served at the highest levels of the federal government for eight years) and an exciting one." Wait, what? Reassuring to who? Terrorists? I suppose you can argue Rice would be a better pick than Palin was in 2008, but not by much.


No comments:

Post a Comment