Thursday, April 26, 2012

GOP Madness 2012, Round 1, Match 6

Here's the bracket so far. I'm very fond of both of today's contestants, so without further ado...

1. HERMAN CAIN LAWYERS UP AT PRESS CONFERENCE


Rick Perry: But the fact of the matter is, we better have a plan in place that Americans can get their hands around and that's the reason my flat tax is the only one of all the folks, these good folks on the stage, it balances the budget in 2020, it does the things in a regulatory climate that has to happen and I will tell you, it's three agencies the government when I get there, that are gone. Commerce, Education and ahh, what's the third one there, let's see.

Ron Paul: You mean/need 5.

Perry: Oh Five. Ok

Perry: Commerce, Education, and ah, the, ummm

Rick Santorum: EPA

Perry: EPA ' there you go ' no '

Panel: Seriously, is EPA, the one you were talking about sir?

Perry: No, sir. No, sir. We were talking about the umm, the agencies of government, EPA needs to be rebuilt. There's no doubt ' there's no doubt about that.

Panel: But you can't name the third one.

Perry: The third agency of government I would do away with Education, ahhhh, the ahhhh,

Panel: Commerce.

Perry: Commerce ' lets see

Herman Cain: Oh my

Perry: I can't ' the third one I can't sorry. Oops.

He was only able to list one of the agencies the second time through, which means we got to see him get dumber in real time.


No comments:

Post a Comment