Saturday, November 3, 2012

Mitt Romney's Vietnam

I knew that despite actively supporting the Vietnam War, Mitt Romney had taken several deferments to avoid serving in it'including spending time in France as a missionary'but until watching the above video, I'd never seen this quote:
Mr. Romney, though, said that he sometimes had wished he were in Vietnam instead of France. 'There were surely times on my mission when I was having a particularly difficult time accomplishing very little when I would have longed for the chance to be serving in the military,' he said in an interview, 'but that was not to be.'
What an amazing quote. I mean, he had ample opportunity to serve if he wanted to. He took four deferments'that's four chances that he passed up'yet he said with a straight face that he "would have longed for the chance to be serving in the military." That's just pathological B.S. right there. What a fraud.

Note: The video has a typo in it, saying that Romney offered the quote in November 2012. It was actually November 2007.

::

Please help the president close strong so we can all forget about Mitt Romney next Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment