Friday, August 3, 2012

Sen. Barbara Boxer attempts to explain how science works to Sen. Jeff Sessions

(Think Progress) The best part of this clip from the Senate's recent hearing on climate change is not Sen. Jeff Sessions being "offended" at having to hear that most scientists do not think what Jeff Sessions believes they think, but watching Sen. Barbara Boxer patiently explaining things to Sessions like he's a small and especially sensitive child.
Boxer: [...] 97 to 98 percent of the scientists do not agree with the one to two percent that you're citing. You know, it's fine, there's still probably one to two percent of scientists who don't believe that lung cancer is associated with smoking'

Sessions: Madam Chairman, I am offended by that, I'm offended by that ' I didn't say anything about the scientists. I said the data shows it is not warming to the degree that a lot of people predicted, not close to that much, and you're asking us to have unprecedentedly high electricity prices in order to avoid a danger that's not as real as it appears, it seems to me. So we'll have a hearing, if I'm wrong I'll acknowledge it. But I don't think so.

Boxer: Yes, I'm going to ask the scientists about the data that you use, all I was pointing out is, the conclusion that you're coming to is shared by one to two percent of the scientists, you shouldn't be offended at that, that's the fact.

Sessions: I don't believe that's correct [...]

Sheesh. It's like walking on eggshells with that guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment