Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Chronicles of Mitt: Sept 26, 2012

pen on paper: 'Dear diary'   Hello, human diary. It is I again, Mitt Romney, your better.

I must admit I am beginning to find this bus more satisfactory than I had imagined it would be. There is something familiar and comforting about the smell of fumes, I suppose.

I spent a brief bit of time today with a television host by the name Mike Rowe. Apparently, he hosts a program specializing in the demonstration of a variety of manual labor techniques, especially ones that must be done in unsanitary or otherwise dismal conditions. This sounds like something we need more of. The more commoners are aware of how dismal their own jobs could be, the more they will appreciate their own employment. In any event, I am not certain why Mr. Rowe wanted to visit with my campaign, but hosting him was agreeable enough. He did not smell as objectionable as I had feared.

Also in regards to television programs, Ann was on the Jay Leno television show last evening. She made note of my habit of occasionally turning the water heater off in order to save a bit of money, which should further humanize me, as all humans appreciate saving a bit of money. Proper water temperature is pleasant enough, but is not strictly a necessity, and I am not made of money. That is another expression I have never understood, by the way. If someone was truly made of money, would not they be even more recalcitrant to spend money than if they were comprised of another material? If someone were made of money, and a particular home or other purchase was to cost them an "arm and a leg," as that other expression would have it, it would be even more difficult to decide whether or not that purchase was truly worth giving up the aforementioned limbs. On the other hand, if a person was made of money, it would also stand to reason that their hair and fingernail trimmings would be themselves made of money; haircuts would then cost only the trimmed amount, one might presume, thus eliminating the need to carry a wallet while visiting the salon.

Ah, well. Such things are only hypothetical concerns. For now.


No comments:

Post a Comment