Wednesday, February 27, 2013

This is why we fight

I've also got to give a very, very special shout out to the Daily Kos family and the entire netroots community. You embraced this campaign.  You adopted this campaign. You fueled us with people power and you stood up and fought the NRA with us. You are the reason we made it this far. You--thousands of you coming together towards a common goal--- you are the reason that I know in my core that we are going to end the senseless killing that is robbing us of a generation. I'll never forget what you did in this campaign and, know this: I'll  be your champion in Congress like you've been mine during this campaign.
I'm proud of this community for engaging in this special election, in a corner of the country far from where most of you live, in February of the off year. When I started writing about the race and about Kelly, I was afraid you guys would ignore it, burned out from last year's battles and looking for a respite until the next electoral battle.

But nope, you continue being the best community on the internet, and together we took the battle to the NRA and upgraded our House Democratic caucus significantly.

Savor this victory for now, but don't get complacent. We have battles ahead of us'the Senate primary in Massachusetts where we have a chance of nominating one of the strongest champions for the environment in Ed Markey, we have a marriage equality initiative in Oregon to win, and other opportunities will arise ... even before the 2014 cycle begins in earnest.

I know this can all get tiresome at times, but watch that video and tell me it all isn't worth it. Congress is a better place because of us, and will only keep getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment