Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Romney holds donor party on Cayman Islands-registered yacht

Mitt Romney superimposed on pile of cash, image of yacht I'm beginning to think the Romney campaign is just an elaborate bit of performance art. Oh, Mitt. I think I'm going to cry:
Gov. Mitt Romney's campaign toasted its top donors Wednesday aboard a 150-foot yacht flying the flag of the Cayman Islands.

The exclusive event, hosted by a Florida developer on his yacht "Cracker Bay," was one of a dozen exclusive events meant to nurture those who have raised more than $1 million for Romney's bid.

A Cayman Islands-flagged yacht, Mitt? Really?

I'm not buying the Florida developer story. I think it was Mitt's offshore money coming to pay him a quick visit. Either way, that yacht better show up to give a hell of a speech tomorrow night, because this is doing approximately zilch to help Republicans convince people Mitt Romney is just regular folk.


No comments:

Post a Comment