Wednesday, August 29, 2012

2012 GOP convention live, thread #10: Chris Christie kicks off 2016 campaign

Republican National Convention: The race to the bottom Watch live video here and join the conversation as we live blog the 2012 GOP convention.

7:51 PM PT: Mitt Romney reacts to Chris Christie's keynote:

Mitt Romney reacts to Chris Christie's speech Probably thinking to himself: "Large speech, but it's been like 15 minutes. You gonna' mention me, buddy?"

7:51 PM PT:

Mitt texting Christie, "say my name bro."

' @pourmecoffee via TweetDeck

7:53 PM PT: Finally! He says the words Mitt and Romney!

7:57 PM PT: Christie is still talking, but his speech is long on platitudes, and short on Mitt Romney. This won't go down as a very memorable speech, I think.

7:59 PM PT: Maybe I'm just tired, but there doesn't seem to be a discernible theme to this speech, other than "me, me, me, I, I, I" and also "oh, Mitt."

7:59 PM PT: Okay, this asking the audience to stand on their feet to support Mitt Romney ... makes no sense at all. It's very odd, for a speech like this.

8:01 PM PT: The more I think  about it, the more pathetic I think that speech was. It said nothing. It was self-centered. And Christie showed no grace and no class by not immediately praising Ann Romney for her speech. That, in my view, was a major faux pas.


No comments:

Post a Comment