Saturday, February 16, 2013

Saturday hate mail-a-palooza: End of a series

Romney supporters crying at Boston HQ on election night as results are announced. Obama's reelection broke them. With two weeks of thin gruel, I've started to worry that the wingnuts are simply too demoralized and turned off by politics to ever pick up the pace again. It's not just my hate mail, it's Fox News ratings (down to a 12-year low in January), it's the unexpected string of Republican capitulations since the election, it's the fact that House Speaker John Boehner hasn't been able to pass anything of worth with a majority of his own caucus, it's the fact that conservatives are directing their fire at each other, rather than liberals, it's all the gay marrying, the pot, the "demographic winter" (as the racists call it). Heck, even my twitter trolls are quiet of late.

Apparently, the people who used to send me hate mails are now sending them to Karl Rove and Haley Barbour instead. Or they're too depressed to find they are the fringe minority, from the White House, to the marriage equality initiatives, to the loss of so many poster boys like Richard Mourdock and Todd Akins. Whatever the reason, I can't have a hate mail feature without content.

So instead of a weekly edition, I'll publish whenever I have enough material to publish. If Republicans ever get their shit together enough to start hating on liberals again, I can always return to weekly publishing. But I've got to be honest with you, I'm not rooting for that to happen.

So no poll today. This week's offerings, below the fold, are meager. But they are what they are, and if that's the price we pay for Fox News' worst ratings in 12 years, well then, that's a price I'm more than happy to pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment